Thursday, December 16, 2010

Amazing Vegetarian Restaurant in Moncton, NB


Sometimes life surprises you and you find an amazing vegetarian restaurant in an unlikely place.  When I moved to Prince Edward Island (PEI) 2.5 years ago, I was excited to try Calactus Cafe.  I saw it listed on HappyCow and the reviews looked promising.  Since living on PEI I've been to Calactus Cafe a number of times.  I found myself there again today on a quick trip to Moncton and back and thought I'd share this restaurant with the world.

The outside of the building is attractive and inviting.  I love the logo and the colors.  The atmosphere inside is wonderful and a very warm place to sit down and enjoy a vegan meal.  Every single staff member I've interacted with has been very friendly.  Like everywhere else in Moncton, they will speak to you in French first but immediately switch to English if/when they realize you do not know French.

Calactus Cafe isn't all vegan but it is all vegetarian.  Most of the items are vegan or can be made vegan.  (All of the desserts are vegan.)  Today I ordered my favorite entree (lasagna made vegan with their tofu cream) and a slice of pumpkin pie.  It was amazing!

I wish I could point you to a menu but, as of now, they do not have a website and I cannot locate a menu anywhere online.  You can, however, read the reviews on HappyCow.

If your travels every bring you to New Brunswick, Canada, I highly suggest you stop at Calactus Cafe.  You will not be disappointed!

(Image courtesy of Oh She Glows.)

No comments: