Wednesday, October 28, 2009

New Organic Restaurant in Arlington, VA



While in the Washington, DC area, my best friend and I went to check out this new organic restaurant in Arlington, VA after seeing it listed on VegDC.

Toscana Grill is not all vegetarian but it is all organic.  One entire section of the menu is vegan and other vegan items throughout the menu are clearly labeled.

My best friend and I both thought the food was amazing!  I had the Vegan Veal Parmigiana and a Mocha Frappe (complete with vegan whipped cream).  My best friend had the Vegan Chicken Marsala.  I will definitely be returning when I'm in DC next.  The restaurant, along with my walk through the neighborhood, made me miss Arlington.

Toscana Grill's entire dessert menu is vegan and consists of slices of cakes from Vegan Treats.  They also serve brunch on the weekend.

I spoke with the manager/owner and commended him on having numerous vegan options.  He gave me some background on the restaurant: The restaurant used to be a normal Italian restaurant.  Business wasn't great so they closed shop and reopened with a new angle: being eco-friendly.  They have been open for three months and business has increased dramatically (over 30 percent).  I was told they will be expanding their vegan selection as the demand grows.

Pros: Many vegan options, frappes, close to Metro, nice atmosphere, fair price

Cons: Not all vegan (or vegetarian), website is in flash and not mobile-friendly

If you're in the DC area, I highly recommend Toscana Grill.

3 comments:

Nicki said...

Sounds awesome!

VeganLinda said...

Thanks so much for the review. We may be relocating back in the DC area. We are so sad to leave all our friends in the Midwest, but I'm so excited about the veg-friendly restaurants I have missed.

ntenzetattooink said...

I truly like to reading your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information.
Vegan Ink Tattoo