Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Miss (Organic) Sweet Potatoes

Apparently it is impossible to buy organic sweet potatoes here on Prince Edward Island. Most farmers seem to grow everything but sweet potatoes and those who do grow sweet potatoes grow them conventionally (with pesticides). I buy only organic so I'm out of luck.

I never realized how much I liked sweet potatoes until I couldn't have them at all. And, yes, I realize this is a strange post.

Anyone want to mail me some? Will they make it across the border? :)

3 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

SWEET POTATOES!!!!! I eat them every other day :-)

Sam said...

Hey, I live on PEI too, and I'm almost positive that in the summer/fall our Farmers Market (across from UPEI) has organic sweet potatoes. They actually have tons of organic produce when it's in season.

Billy said...

Hi Sam, nice to meet you. I go to the Charlottetown Farmers' Market just about every weekend. I didn't see any organic sweet potatoes last summer but I'll be sure to check this summer.

You're absolutely right that there is a lot of organic produce in the summer. It was wonderful then. There's still some in the winter, but not much (potatoes, carrots, turnips).