Sunday, March 1, 2009

New Vegetarian Restaurant in Northern Virginia



I was perusing HappyCow in advance of my trip to the DC area next week when I came across something amazing: there's now an all vegetarian restaurant in Chantilly, Virginia! I could walk to the restaurant from the house I grew up in.

This is really a positive sign for me and signifies the fact that the animal rights movement really is continuing to grow. I would have never guessed that Chantilly, VA would be home to a veggie restaurant.

The restaurant is Lotus Vegetarian. Their menu looks pretty good and a lot appears to be vegan.

I told my best friend about it and he went out to try it the next day. He said it was pretty good but no match for Sunflower. But, what is?

I'll be sure to try it while I'm in DC and let you all know how it is.

(Image courtesy of Lotus Vegetarian.)

3 comments:

VeganLinda said...

Sunflower would be really tough to beat. How cool about Lotus! I wish a veg place would pop up around where I live!

j-dizzle said...

I ate at lotus last year with a friend and it was better than sunflower. I am always trying to think of reasons to go to Chantilly now, but there is no reason other than lotus.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the new Ethiopian Restaurant ENAT
I is locatd @4709 N. Chambliss ST
Alexandria VA 22312
Serves vegeterian and Vegan dishes and combination