Saturday, July 5, 2008

57 Health Benefits of Going Vegan

Fiona at NursingDegree.net pointed me to an article posted on the site entitled 57 Health Benefits of Going Vegan.

Vegans are frequently misunderstood as fringe eaters with an unnatural passion for animal rights. While many vegans do feel passionately about animals, its time for others to see that a vegan diet and lifestyle go way beyond animal rights. Following a healthy, balanced vegan diet ensures a host of health benefits as well as prevention of some of the major diseases striking people in North America. Find out from the list below how eating vegan can help you in your search for better health.


Some of the topics discussed are nutrition, disease prevention, physical benefits, and the American diet.

I'm very excited to see veganism being discussed on nursing website. I don't meet very many vegetarian or vegan nurses, although one of my good friends is a vegan nurse. It would be wonderful to have more nurses understand the benefits of a vegan diet. Their direct relationships with patients gives them the opportunity to really make a difference and turn more people onto veganism.

I highly suggest you read the article on Nursing Degree.

6 comments:

XThatVeganNurseX said...

That was a great article. Thanks for sharing it with me (and mentioning me on your blog:)! One of the CNAs I work with is vegan, but other than that I haven't met any other vegan nurses, and it is a shame! I try to educate people every day at work during dinner, or just when the subject comes up though. And I try to bring baked goods to our potlucks to show them how good vegan food can be, and that you're not giving up flavor.

XThatVeganNurseX said...

Oh, and something I forgot to mention is that most of the people I take care of have chronic and debilitating conditions that could be prevented if they were vegan.

Happy Herbivore! said...

I got emailed to post that article too - very interesting.

pixiepine said...

Nice link. Thanks!

F0RSAKEN said...

If someone goes vegan for health reasons they usually fail.

The ones who go vegan for the animals are vegan for life.

Advin Charles said...

Vegans should eat a wide variety of foods to maintain a healthy diet. This is useful healthy information explain about the Vegans.


Lyme disease