Friday, April 18, 2008

Green Festival Report

The Green Festival was great. I spent about three hours there on Sunday.

I met some of the guys from Temptation vegan ice cream. I found out that not only are they vegan, but they're also drug-free! I had a ton of fun just talking with those guys. I hope to meet up with them if/when I'm in Chicago again.

I also went by the VegNews table. My fiancee and I entered their raffle. Two days later we received a package in the mail. She won the huge basket of vegan cookies! Thanks VegNews!

The Green Festival was full of so many cool booths: biodiesel, solar power, eco-friendly home furnishing, etc.

Also, on top of it all, we got in for free. I scored some free coupons at the community center in my neighborhood.

5 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

What a fabulous festival!! And congratulations on winning the raffle!!

dreamy said...

Wow! Congrats on winning the vegan cookies! Yum yum!

Vegan_Noodle said...

So jealous about all the cookies! Sounds like fun!

pleasantly plump vegan said...

how fun! thats so awesome y'all won cookies too.

Rural Vegan said...

Prizes don't get much better than free boxes of vegan cookies! I'm planning to attend the Green Festival in Chicago next month.