Saturday, April 12, 2008

An Awesome Vegan Cake

Katie at Chocolate Covered Vegan has blogged about an awesome vegan cake she made.

She poses a question in her post: why are guys so fascinated by cars?

I was never interested in cars until I bought my 1999 VW Jetta TDI. It's a diesel so I run it on biodiesel. It's clean-burning (78% reduction in CO2), I get 41 mpg city and 49 mpg highway, it's renewable, and it's domestic (no war required).

Maybe I should do a post about biodiesel.

I'm excited about going to the Green Festival tomorrow!

7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

It's not just guys who love cars - I love them as well!! Especially my Mini Cooper :0)

VeggieGirl said...

P.S. - Have fun at the festival!! Can't wait to read about how it was!!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Awwwwwww you are too sweet :o)

It's wonderful that your car is so environmentally-friendly. Those are some amazing mpg numbers!

I'm excited for you that you get to go to the green festival-- I wish I could go too! Enjoy it for me!!! And be sure to blog all about it!

bean_mix said...

I have a great love for my car. When you get a subwoofa- you never look back.

Vegan_Noodle said...

SO how was the festival?

Definitely do a post about biodiesel!

Anke said...

the mpg number sure sound great, but biodiesel is problematic: we burn grains that por people would love to eat. prices for grains have skyrocketed, not least due to the demand caused by Western countries.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/0,1518,547609,00.html

If I had a car (which I don't have for eco reasons) I would drive it less instead of burning poor people's foods

Billy said...

Thanks for sharing Anke. I completely disagree with your position, however.

There are enough grains to go around. I'm not taking grains from poor people. And, those grains in the U.S. wouldn't have been exported anyway.

Plus, burning gasoline is extremely harmful to our planet. And, we go to wars over oil, kill innocent people, and destroy their countries. Biodiesel is the best solution at this time. When electric cars become readily available, we should all move in that direction.