Thursday, March 6, 2008

Planning My Vegan Wedding

I'm back from the east coast, where my fiance and I spent a little time planning our upcoming vegan wedding.

Our wedding will be entirely vegan, with food provided by Gail's Vegetarian Catering, cake by Sticky Fingers Bakery, and fruit drinks by Java Green.

It was nice to be back in the Washington, DC area and enjoy some much-appreciated sun. However, now that I am back home, you can expect regular posts again from me.

Have any of you been to the DC area? What vegetarian restaurants did you go to?

6 comments:

Nicoleliza said...

I was just in DC last weekend for work. Our meeting was catered by Sticky Fingers and Java Green. I love their drumsticks!

Can't wait for your wedding-- I'm starting to drool!

VeganLinda said...

Gail catered our wedding in '98 (oh my god that sounds like a long time ago) and it was wonderful. The non-veg*ns commented it was the best food at a wedding period. Even my grandfather loved the food. We were back in the DC area last year and went to our old haunts Yuan Fu and Vegetable Garden (Rockville, MD). We also had to get to Adam's Morgan for Ethiopian. Oh how I miss the DC area!

Billy said...

Hi Nicoleliza,

That's great that your meeting was catered by vegan restaurants. I'm jealous!

I just had the drumsticks when I was at Java Green. I also love the frappes. The Mocha Nut Java and Sunshine Beach are amazing.

Billy said...

Hi VeganLinda,

That's great that Gail catered your wedding too! My fiance and I tried some samples and were very impressed. Gail seems very nice.

I've never been to Yuan Fu, but ate at Vegetable Garden several times. I love their cakes!

Oh man, Ethiopian in Adams Morgan...I bet you're talking about Meskerem, right? Sooo good!

I miss Arlington, VA and DC.

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

First of all, congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

My favorite places in DC are Soul Veg, Vegetable Garden (in Maryland, but it's close!), Teaism, and Sticky Fingers!

Billy said...

Thanks Chocolate Covered Vegan!

I love Soul Veg. It's so good! I used to go for their Sunday brunch all the time.

I've never been to Teaism. I'm sure Veg DC has it listed, but what is it and where is it located?