Thursday, March 6, 2008

Herbivore Magainze to Stop Publication

Josh Hooten, editor of Herbivore Magazine, wrote today in his blog that Herbivore Magazine will cease publication after this year.

This definitely saddens me, as I've enjoyed Herbivore Magazine throughout the years. As Josh points out, there is a "painful lack of vegan, vegetarian, and animal rights media." His magazine was a welcome addition that will be greatly missed.

For those of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting Josh, he is a wonderful person. Josh: I wish you the very best in your next endeavor. You've really helped the animal rights movement and I know you'll continue to do so with whatever lies ahead for you next.

Thank you (and all the contributors over the years) for the great publications you've put out.

7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

this saddens me as well - R.I.P., Herbivore magazine :0(

Billy said...

I know, it is such a wonderful publication.

We'll just have to create another (or a few more) in its place.

pleasantly plump vegan said...

excuse my language but big fucking bummer!!!

Billy said...

No worries about the language. I curse like a sailor. And, it is a fucking bummer.

I told my fiance and she was really upset as well. It was her favorite magazine.

Urban Vegan said...

This totally depressed me. But Josh will be doing some cool new stuff.

Billy said...

I hear ya. It sucks.

Nicki said...

This is so sad...Herbivore is my favorite magazine. I was sad when they went online but figured I'd get used to it, but this just sucks.