Thursday, February 14, 2008

Seattle Vegfest is Approaching

Seattle's annual Vegfest is rapidly approaching! Vegfest 2008 will take place from on March 29 & 30th from 10am - 6pm. It will again be held at the Exhibition Hall at Seattle Center.

Tickets are only $5 (kids 12 and under are free) and grant you the following:
  • Over 500 free food samples

  • Cooking demonstrations

  • Speakers (doctors and dietitians)

  • Vast selection of books


I attended last year's event, which drew several thousand people (I believe I remember reading 5,000). Anyway, So Delicious was one of the companies there handing out free samples of vegan ice cream! That's where I first tasted my beloved Cookie Dough ice cream.

Also, Vegetarians of Washington (the organizing group), was offering a discounted registration fee to join their organization. I opted to do so and now receive discounts at many vegan-friendly businesses in the area. I also got a bunch of coupons good at local vegetarian and vegan restaurants and stores.

I highly recommend you attend. It was so much fun last year. Oh, and if you go, be sure to go hungry, as you can fill up on all the free samples!

2 comments:

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

Oh we LOVE LOVE LOVE VegFest! We make a day of it and sample ourselves silly by the end of the day. I loved the Field Roast Sausage people and their booth the best, they were so freindly and funny!

I'm excited!

Nice blog by the way!

Billy said...

Vegfest is amazing. I make a whole meal out of samples. I liked the So Delicious and tofu company tables.

Oh, and hi fellow Seattleite!